Our varied programme of weekly departmental seminars take place in St Luke's Chapel, opposite the main Radcliffe Primary Care building. The programme aims to:
- Ensure that members of the department gain presentation experience and peer feedback.
- Expose members of the department to the variety of research being carried out in the department.
- Respond to identified development needs for staff (e.g. how to apply for funding, teaching opportunities, media relations).
About the series
- Two slots per week will be available for seminars. Rooms will be pre-booked for these slots.
- A maximum of one slot per week will involve an external speaker.
- Each week will have one seminar slot on Monday or Tuesday at noon or 2pm, and one on Wednesday or Thursday at 10.30am. In general, seminar days/times will alternate by week.
- Where possible, seminars should be booked within the scheduled times above.
- Any alternate timings should replace one of the scheduled times
- All seminars must start and finish within “core hours” (10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday).
Seminar series - who to contact
- Existing seminar series and contacts are:
- Main departmental seminars (Susannah Fleming / Jenny Hirst)
- DPhil seminars (Daniel Long)
- eHealth (Chrysanthi Papoutsi)
- HERG (Susan Kirkpatrick)
- CHSEO (Catia Nicodemo)
- In each 12 week session (term + 4 weeks), seminar series will have the following number of slots
- Main departmental seminars – 8 slots
- DPhil seminars – 5 slots
- eHealth – 3 slots
- HERG – 5 slots
- CHSEO – 3 slots
Booking a seminar
- Contact the organiser of the relevant series (main series if no other applies)
- Contact Jessy if you need to cancel – give as much notice as possible so that the slot can be filled
- If you need to rebook, contact the relevant organiser, giving as much notice as possible
- Book seminars into your slots on the shared excel spreadsheet (co-ordinate with other organisers if you need to swap slots)
- Make a note of the number of attendees on the spreadsheet. If possible, note the number of internal and external attendees.
- Publicising on Oxtalks / website / weekly email
- Room booking
- Reminder emails (typically on the day of the seminar)
- Paper timetables on noticeboards (approx. every month).
Thursday, 14 December 2017, 10.30am to 11.30am
Monday, 18 December 2017, 10.30am to 11.30am
Tuesday, 27 February 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am