Our varied programme of weekly departmental seminars take place in St Luke's Chapel, opposite the main Radcliffe Primary Care building. The programme aims to:
- Ensure that members of the department gain presentation experience and peer feedback.
- Expose members of the department to the variety of research being carried out in the department.
- Respond to identified development needs for staff (e.g. how to apply for funding, teaching opportunities, media relations).
Do you want to organise a seminar? Scroll to the bottom of this page for details
Internal research seminars:
Thursday, 03 May 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am
Thursday, 10 May 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am
Wednesday, 16 May 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am
Wednesday, 23 May 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am
Guest talks, workhops & other seminars
Monday, 23 April 2018, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Thursday, 17 May 2018, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 10.30am to 11.30am
Wednesday, 04 July 2018, 4pm to 5pm
About the series
- One slot per week will be available for internal research seminars. Rooms will be pre-booked for these slots. These will be reserved for internal speakers, though a multi-speaker internal seminar may include guest speakers.
- Each week will have one seminar slot at 10.30am on Tuesdays to Thursdays.
- Where possible, seminars should be booked within the scheduled times above.
- Any alternate timings should replace one of the scheduled times
- All seminars must start and finish within “core hours” (10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday).
Seminars with guest speakers
- From time-to-time, we will invite guest speakers to present to the department. These need to be booked separately by the group who is arranging the seminar. The cost associated will need to be picked up by that group.
- Seminars with guest speakers need to take place during core hours.
Seminar series - who to contact
- Existing seminar series and contacts are:
- Main departmental seminars (Susannah Fleming / Jenny Hirst)
- DPhil seminars (Daniel Long)
- eHealth (Chrysanthi Papoutsi)
- HERG (Susan Kirkpatrick)
- CHSEO (Catia Nicodemo)
- In each 12 week session (term + 4 weeks), seminar series will have the approximate number of slots
- Main departmental seminars – 4 slots
- DPhil seminars – 2.5
- eHealth – 1.5
- HERG – 2.5
- CHSEO – 1.5
Booking a seminar
- Contact the organiser of the relevant series (main series if no other applies)
- Contact Jessy if you need to cancel – give as much notice as possible so that the slot can be filled
- If you need to rebook, contact the relevant organiser, giving as much notice as possible
- Book seminars into your slots on the shared excel spreadsheet (co-ordinate with other organisers if you need to swap slots)
- Make a note of the number of attendees on the spreadsheet. If possible, note the number of internal and external attendees.
- Publicising on Oxtalks / website / weekly email
- Room booking
- Reminder emails (typically on the day of the seminar)
- Paper timetables on noticeboards (approx. every month).