This one-day course is aimed at health professionals, researchers, academics and postgraduate students who have no experience of conversation analysis. Everyone is welcome, regardless of research background. This course will introduce newcomers to the field of conversation analysis, help researchers decide if conversation analysis is the most appropriate methodology for their research purposes, and provide practical experience in transcription and data handling.
The course will include:
- lectures introducing the key concepts of conversation analysis
- practical sessions providing researchers with hands-on experience of transcription and using software packages for data handling.
- feedback sessions focussing on practical skills
- discussion of the processes involved in initiating and conducting conversational analytic research
By the end of the course students will:
- have an understanding of the conversation analytic methodology
- understand the processes involved when undertaking research using conversation analysis
- have gained practical experience in transcription, anonymization, and data-handling
- be familiar with the software packages ‘audacity’ and ‘NVivo’.
Course fee: £250