Showcasing the pioneering research that's improving healthcare across Oxfordshire’s hospitals and across the NHS
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Oxford Biomedical Research Centre is a £100m collaboration between Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust and Oxford University to accelerate healthcare innovation.
At our annual open day, you can discover the work that is tackling major healthcare challenges including stroke, cancer, diabetes, dementia and heart disease and how that is improving healthcare for you and your family.
The Chronic Kidney Disease Group will have a stand there so come and visit us!
As part of the interactive exhibition you will also be able to:
- Get a closer look at the pioneering electronic retina as featured on BBC’s One Show and C4’s Bionic Man and meet the team that made it a reality
- Talk to leading researchers about the genetics revolution
- Discover how the iPad and mobile phone are revolutionising healthcare both in the hospital and at home.
- Try your hand at neurosurgery using our jelly brain.
- Find out how you can play a part in world class research
…and much more
Everyone is welcome and there is no need to register to attend the event.
We also hope to offer walking tours of some of world-class research facilities we have here at the John Radcliffe Hospital. To register interest in a walking tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org