The Radcliffe Primary Care Building, formerly the Radcliffe Infirmary's Outpatients' Building, will be opening its doors from 10am - 2pm on Saturday 9 September as part of Oxford's city-wide Open Doors programme.
Originally built in 1911, the building housed all the latest health technology at the time, including consultation rooms, a casualty operating theatre, dispensary, electrotherapeutic, X-ray and ENT departments, a pathology laboratory, post-mortem room, chapel of rest, and a lecture room for medical teaching.
Following a £14m refit, the building re-opened in March 2016 and now houses some of the very best facilities to support research and teaching in primary care. The building includes several original features including an early 20th century refrigeration unit and the wood-panelled chapel of rest.
This is a drop-in event.