Updating your Web Profile
Instructions on how to update your web profile on www.phc.ox.ac.uk
- If you are not already logged into the staff pages of the website, click on the 'Staff Pages' button which is located towards the top of the home page at www.phc.ox.ac.uk
- Enter your 'Single Sign On' (SSO) using your usual SSO details (e.g. prhc1234) and password
- Click on the 'Our Team' button on the right hand side of the page
- Search for your name using the ‘search’ field at the top right hand side of the page
- Click through to your personal profile page
- Click on the 'Edit my profile' button on the top right. You can then move your mouse around the various ‘tiles’ which will display edit buttons relating to each tile. Double-click within the tile that you want to amend, and it should open up and allow you to make changes in the same way as you would edit a word document. Remember to 'save layout' frequently to avoid losing any changes.
- Add a tagline - in the 'Edit Personal Information' box describe your work/research area in one very short sentence (like a tweet).
- Include a short biography in addition to some information about the work you do in the department, and why it's important.
- View more detailed guidelines and screenshots on how to add connections, additional tiles and upload your CV.
researcher profile writing guidelines
Download this guide, (https://www.fry-it.com/blog/how-to-write-a-killer-researcher-web-profile/writing-guidelines-fryweb.pdf) developed by our web provider Fry-IT in collaboration with Oxford University.
To keep the site looking as professional as possible, we do not want you to post amateur photographs of yourself on your personal profile page. Every few months we will arrange for our professional photographer to visit the department to take profile pictures.