Department Information Governance (IG) Training and Policies
As a reminder, all Department personnel (“Members”) must complete Information Governance (IG) trainings initially upon hire and annually thereafter. This training includes:
- Completion of the University Information Security and Data Privacy Awareness course (SSO required), which is intended to help raise awareness of cybersecurity, the rights afforded to individuals under data protection legislation and the University’s obligation to keep data safe. The course is comprised of these nine sections:
- Why do we need to protect information?
- Protecting against threats
- Data privacy and the law
- Accessing and sharing information
- Working securely
- Phishing and malware
- Bring your own device (BYOD)
- Cloud computing
- Reporting issues
- Review of the Department IG policies, which outline the requirements, procedures and protocols for data protection. These may be accessed on demand anytime through the PRISMS IG policy management application, which is available HERE (login required).
More information is available in the Department IG training policy (PHC_POL_IG105 Training Policy). Please contact the IG team with any questions or for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!