How to ensure you are working securely
Even if you're someone who struggles to get their head around security patches, virtual servers and other delightful technical jargon, information security in the real world is something we can all relate to. Laptops go walkies, prank emails are sent from unlocked computers, PIN numbers get pinched by prying eyes. It's not rocket science, just a question of keeping your wits about you. Here's a reminder of what you should be doing to keep important information safe in the office.
- Always lock your computer when you're away from your desk.
- Keep valuables, portable devices and confidential information out of sight, and where necessary, under lock and key.
- Dispose of printed documents properly.
- Dispose of equipment you no longer need in line with the University policy for computer disposal.
- Collect any documents sent from the printer as soon as they are processed.
- Ensure you have read and understood departmental policies regarding Information Governance.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!