Opportunity - Clinical Training Lead
We are seeking a new lead for our academic clinical fellow programme. The ACF lead oversees the recruitment and training of our ACFs and deals with matters of policy. The ACF lead is supported by Kath Tucker, the primary care scientist lead, and Paul Aveyard, department training lead. The ideal candidate would be a mid-career clinician with a doctorate who has progressed or is progressing through the training grades themselves. If you want to discuss the role, please contact Paul Aveyard firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a short letter explaining your reasons for wanting to do the role to Paul by 8 June.
The Clinical Training Lead will:
- Coordinate the ACF recruitment process for NIHR-funded and locally funded posts.
- Assist with recruitment of NIHR SPCR-funded clinical training fellowships.
- Correspond with prospective ACFs and signpost them to relevant research teams for further discussion of potential projects.
- Provide support for ACFs in relation to issues which cannot be resolved by their academic supervisor.
- Liaise with OUCAGS and assist with writing bids for NIHR ACF and ACL posts.
- Act as point of contact for clinical training and ACF leads at other academic institutions and, where possible, meet with these individuals at the annual national ACF conference and NIHR SPCR showcase event
- Provide updates to the Graduate Studies Committee at termly meetings.
Each ACF will be allocated to a research team and will have a primary academic supervisor, who will:
- Have primary responsibility for providing support, supervision and mentoring for the ACF.
- Act as primary point of contact for the GP School Dean and Programme Directors for any issues relating to specific ACFs.
- Write formal progress reports on ACF for the GP School.
- Read and comment on ACF’s e-portfolio.
- Attend ACF’s ARCP meeting if needed.