Our own in-house IT team develop specialist software to support our research, with intuitive and user-friendly interfaces. Technologies, which are available for licensing, include:
Sortition is an online clinical trial randomisation software developed at the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences. It is available for licensing from Oxford University Innovation.
- A stand-alone online randomisation system designed for use by GPs/Nurses at research sites
- Accessible via the internet to users with a valid login account
- Suitable for open and blind studies (wide range of powerful randomisation/minimisation methods)
- Currently used in a growing number of trials
- User access arranged on a hierarchical basis and can be restricted by role, study and site
- Utilises secure communication protocol (HTTPS)
- Password and optionally, user IP address restricted access
- Access can be paused or suspended at any time by the coordinating centre.
PRISMS is an online system that manages training records and Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) through an intuitive and user-friendly interface. It also acts as a SOP repository and audit trail and performs document version control. Core system features include:
- My Training Record:
Users can keep their Training Records up to date for, both, SOPs and personal documents such as curriculum Vitae, Good Clinical Practice Certificate and other relevant training and certificates. Users acknowledge they have read, understood and agree with their SOPs. Users can be challenged with quizzes to demonstrate their understanding.
- SOP revision:
The SOP revision tool is an easy-to-use interface that guides the relevant users through the entire SOP document life cycle: SOPs can be drafted by process experts, reviewed by staff members and approved by department managers, subsequent versions can be produced as needed and SOPs can become obsolete when no longer relevant.
- Email notifications:
PRISMS notifies users when a new SOP is published and needs to be read, when a SOP needs revising or a new draft needs reviewing. It also notifies users when a certificate needs renewing. At the same time, PRISMS includes a useful mechanism for prompting users when an action on a document needs to be performed.