IRIHS Annual Reports
Highlights from our 2019 annual report:
- EXPANSION OF ACADEMIC STAFF. We have continued to expand. We now have one Clinical Professor, one Associate Professor, three Senior Researchers, eight Postdoctoral Researchers, 15 DPhil students, two additional (predoctoral) researchers, four Academic Clinical Fellows, and six academic-related and support staff.
- RESEARCH. Research income for new research studies in 2019 included £480K as principal investigators (led by SS, TG, CP and JW). We have around £9M in ongoing research grants.
- PUBLICATION AND DISSEMINATION. We published 42 peer-reviewed academic articles. We attracted £112K in impact-related funding for industry attachments and policy engagement. We gave a number of high-profile keynote lectures, conference presentations and policy briefings. IRIHS senior staff sit on various policy groups e.g. Fahy is Special Adviser to the House of Commons Select Committee on Brexit; Greenhalgh advises World Health Organisation and NHS England.
- TEACHING. We contributed to various MSc courses at Oxford. We gained full approval for a new MSc and DPhil Programme in Translational Health Sciences, which will take its first students in October 2020.
- DOCTORAL STUDENTS. Of our 15 DPhil students, one passed with no corrections and another passed with minor corrections; a staff member (JD) also gained a DPhil. One student passed Confirmation of Status and three passed Transfer of Status.
- FELLOWSHIPS. Four postdocs (Paparini, Papoutsi, Rushforth, Seuren) gained Higher Education Innovation Fund Knowledge Exchange Fellowships. One Senior Researcher (Wherton) gained a Fellowship at Wolfson College.