Sortition®: Clinical trial randomisation software
Sortition® is online clinical trial randomisation software developed by the Clinical Trials Unit in the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences.
- A stand-alone online randomisation system designed for use by GPs/Nurses at research sites
- Accessible via the internet to users with a valid login account
- Suitable for open and blind studies (wide range of powerful randomisation/minimisation methods)
- Currently used in a growing number of trials.
ACCESS AND SECURITY
- User access arranged on a hierarchical basis and can be restricted by role, study and site
- Utilises secure communication protocol (HTTPS)
- Password and optionally, user IP address restricted access
- Access can be paused or suspended at any time by the co-ordinating centre.
The Study Builder is an online interface which allows a new study to be built and deployed in minutes. This enables multiple randomisation configurations to be deployed and tested, gaining valuable feedback and site training, before recruitment commences.
The Study Administration tool is used to manage studies after they have been deployed and once recruitment has commenced. Sites can be added as they are recruited into a study, users can be created and managed and even external randomisation events, e.g. an emergency randomisation, can be added retrospectively.
The Sortition® Pack Management tool controls medication packs used in blind studies. Capabilities include pack ordering, relocating and status updates,managing locations, associating locations with sites and restocking locations.