Study with us
Part-time MSc in Evidence-Based Health Care
A part-time course consisting of six taught modules and a dissertation, part of the Oxford Evidence-Based Health Care Programme
The MSc in Evidence-Based Health Care is offered part-time and consists of six assessed taught modules, some of which are online, and a research project with an associated dissertation. The structure of the course has been devised to be flexible to maximise student choice and fit with different working structures and UK specialist training.
This is a joint programme with the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences and the Department for Continuing Education’s Continuing Professional Development Centre. The programme is supported by the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine based in the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences.
There are two compulsory modules, four option modules and a dissertation.
- Essential Medical Statistics
- Ethics for Biosciences
- Evidence-Based Diagnosis and Screening
- Introduction to Statistics for Health Care Research
- Introduction to Study Design & Research Methods (Comp)
- Knowledge into Action
- Practice of Evidence-Based Health Care (Comp)
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Randomised Controlled Trials
- Systematic Reviews
- Teaching Evidence-Based Practice
- The History and Philosophy of Evidence-Based Health Care
- Clinical Trial Management