The Evidence-Based Medicine Course teaches students skills in searching and critical appraisal. It not only supports their medical studies, but also aims to give them a framework for approaching clinical decision-making throughout their future careers.
During the EBM Course, students learn to:
- Formulate answerable clinical questions
- Identify the type of research which best answers different classes of clinical questions
- Recognise which research databases and secondary sources will be most helpful
- Appraise and apply the results of different research studies, to help in the management of individual patients
- Express the results of clinical trials in terms of both relative and absolute risk reductions
- Be able to explain the numerical results to patients