- Programme Director, MSc in Global Healthcare Leadership
- Module Coordinator (Knowledge into Action), Oxford University MSc in Evidence Based Healthcare
- Skoll Early Career Research Fellow
- Research Lead, Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM)
- Research Lead, Medical Mediation Foundation (MMF).
Oscar worked as a doctor in Hauora Tairāwhiti (a rural NZ hospital), and Counties Manukau (Auckland) before taking up a Rhodes Scholarship and moving to Oxford for his DPhil in Healthcare Leadership Development.
Oscar’s teaching and research focuses on supporting real-world impact from leadership development in healthcare through impact-focused evaluation.
Changing estimates of leadership ability before a programme: retrospective self-assessments and response-shift bias
Lyons O. et al, (2022), BMJ LEADER
Next Generation Leaders Programme: A Multi-Methods Evaluation of a Leadership Development Programme for Biomedical Researchers.
Kingsley-Smith H. et al, (2022), Adv Med Educ Pract, 13, 1547 - 1554
Transforming training into practice with the conflict management framework: A mixed methods study
Lyons O. et al, (2021), BMJ Paediatrics Open, 5
Evidence-based medical leadership development: a systematic review
Lyons O. et al, (2021), BMJ LEADER, 5, 206 - 213
Guidance for Health Care Leaders during the Recovery Stage of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Consensus Statement
Geerts JM. et al, (2021), JAMA Network Open, 4