|Tel||+44 (0)1865 289300|
|Fax||+44 (0)1865 289287|
- Centre for Evidence Based Medicine Research Group
DPhil (PhD) Candidate
Digital Health(care) / E-Commerce / Digital Strategy
I regularly teach groups of 3-45 on internet research methods, user experience (UX) research and usability testing, digital health, e-commerce, and health care ICT. (Previous) venues include:
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (Medicine quality, London)
- Ettore Majorana Foundation and Centre for Scientific Culture (Medication errors, Italy)
- University of Oxford (Usability Testing, Teaching Evidence-based Medicine)
- Boston University (Medicine Quality & Public Health, USA)
- Principal Investigator (PI) on NIHR SPCR grant
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- The Victoria Foundation
- Haak Bastiaanse-Kuneman Stichting
- Fundatie van de Vrijvrouwe van Renswoude
My DPhil (Ph.D.), focussing on digital (consumer/patient) behaviour, partially explores medicine in search results using principles from Evidence Based Medicine, Consumer Psychology, Clinical Pharmacology, Human-Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval.
In healthcare areas I am interested in digital health, digital medicine, patient safety, and medicine quality, especially in combination with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Before coming to PHC, I completed my MSc in Social Science of the Internet at the Oxford Internet Institute. My MSc thesis won the 2014 OII MSc Thesis Prize.
I have 13+ years experience with search engines and human-computer interaction design (UX and UI). I have consulted numerous (multinational) businesses, since the age of 13, on search engine optimization (SEO), advertising (SEA), human-computer interaction, digital marketing, digital experiments, and digital strategy.