BMgt, MMed, MRes, PhD
Weiqi has an educational background in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Population Health, and Health Services Research.
He is interested in using real-world big data and linked electronic health records (EHRs) to study disease trajectory, identify risk factors, establish prediction models, to promote early diagnosis and improve prognosis of cancer.
Current research activities
Weiqi is currently working as a lead researcher in three projects. Please click the link of each lay summary to find out the research aim and objectives for each project.
- The DART project (lung cancer), lay summary for WP6 (primary care and population health) part
- The DeLIVER project (liver cancer), lay summary for WP6 (QResearch) part
- The ADEPTS project (pancreatic cancer), lay summary for WP1 (Oxford) part. This study has been published in the British Journal of General Practice, and presented at the NCRI festival (2021). This study was selected for the NCRI media programme (press release)
Weiqi also contributes to two projects investigating the role of diabetes in pancreatic cancer:
- Risk prediction tool (QPancreasD) for early diagnosis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) among new-onset diabetes
- Diabetes as a risk pathway towards early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, lay summary
Updated on 22 December 2021