Applying for a parking permit
Staff in both RPC and Gibson are eligible to apply for a Central Peak Permit for 2019/20. Regrettably it is highly unlikely that everybody who applies will receive a permit although we will of course try to ensure maximum sharing across days so that we get the most out of the staff spaces we've been allocated (13 in total).
If you would like to be considered for a Central Peak Permit please submit your application before 2nd August after which time applications for Central Oxford will be reviewed by the Car Parking Committee. You will then receive an email to inform you whether or not your application has been successful.
Please follow the instructions below to apply online.
- Visit http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/estates/ourservices/travel/car/parking-forms/
- To apply for a parking permit you will require a Planon account. If you already use FM Online, you can use your existing login. If you don’t have a Planon Account, please apply here Please note, it might take a few days for your account to be set up due to the large numbers of applications the Planon team receive. Please avoid sending a duplicate request.
- Your contact numbers must appear on the form. Please email Planon Sys Admin email@example.com and let them know both your office phone number and your mobile phone number so they can add them to the form. Phone numbers are required for Security Services to contact you in the event of an emergency. In these cases, if Security Services is unable to reach the permit holder, towing equipment may be used.
- Staff on the main University payroll must pay for car parking charges via salary deduction. Non-payroll staff must pay via the online payment system.
- Peak Permits are issued solely on the basis of need as assessed by departments against the criteria outlined in the University car parking regulations. They are valid at any time in the Central Area between 1 October 2019 and 30 September 2020.
- Off Peak Permits are valid before 7am and after 4pm every weekday, and all day at weekends, in the Central Areas and at Old Road Campus for 12 months from the date of issue.
Off-peak permits are available to all eligible staff – there are no needs-based qualifying criteria. They are valid before 7am and after 4pm every weekday, and all day at weekends, in the Central Area and at Old Road Campus for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Blue Badge Holders Staff holding a Blue Badge parking in University disabled spaces are required to display both a Blue Badge and a valid University car parking permit. University disabled permits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- The annual charge for Peak Permits valid in central Oxford or at the Old Road Campus will be equivalent to 1.75% of the permit holder's gross contractual salary. Details are available in the Notices section of the University of Oxford Gazette published on 16 May 2019 at https://gazette.web.ox.ac.uk/files/16may2019-no5240-redactedpdf
- Whilst there is no deadline for submitting Off-peak Permit applications (off-peak permits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and existing holders are responsible for renewals) off-peak permit applications will be processed as follows:
- Off-peak applications submitted prior to 1 October 2019 will be charged at £20 and processed by Security Services as soon as they are received. Off-peak permits issued during this period, including renewals, will continue to be issued as valid for 12 months from the date of issue and all new permits issued to existing off-peak permit holders will invalidate the current permit which will be cancelled (e.g. if an existing holder of an off-peak permit with an expiry date of 30 September 2019 applies for an off-peak permit in July 2019 then they will be charged £20, issued with a new permit valid until July 2020 and the current permit with an expiry date of 30 September 2019 will be cancelled)
- Off-peak permit applications submitted on or after 1 October 2019 will be charged at £40 and processed by Security Services as soon as they are received. Off-peak permits will continue to be issued as valid for 12 months from the date of issue.