BSc (Hons), ACA
As Departmental Administrator I manage the business operations of the department. I work closely with the Head of Department on a day-to-day basis on all aspects of departmental policy, strategic planning, development, growth and sustainability, while enabling the administrative team to provide the service, resources, advice and information required for the effective operation of the department.
I coordinate the work of the administrative and support staff team which includes:
- all the financial aspects of the department (including processing purchasing and expense claims);
- budgeting and financial control;
- research grant applications and post-award grant management;
- recruitment and personnel matters;
- student administration;
- health and safety;
- communication; and
- departmental estates and facilities management.
I particularly focus on budgeting, financial control, legal matters, risk management and estates, while my colleague Clare Wickings, Deputy Departmental Administrator, focuses on personnel management, health & safety and research grant applications.
I have a BSc in Microbiology from Queen Mary College, University of London, and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1994. I worked as an Audit Manager in investment banking for KPMG before taking a career break while I had children. I joined the department in 2009.