PhD Health Economics
I am a health economist at the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, and an Honorary Research Associate at Cardiff University. I specialise in data management, statistical analysis, association based analysis, literature reviews, and cost effectiveness and budget impact models.
I achieved a PhD degree in Health Economics from University College London (UCL). My thesis was entitled “The impact of Macroeconomic conditions on Health and well-being in England”. The aim of my research was to investigate the relationship between macroeconomic conditions, proxied by regional employment and unemployment rates, on health and well-being in England. Large datasets from The Office for National Statistics, UK, were assessed.
Since joining the department in 2018, I completed collaborating on the following projects:
2018 – 2019
- “Diagnosis and management of uncomplicated urinary tract infection in primary care: pathway mapping literature review and survey. A report for NHS England”.
- “NHS health care usage and cost analysis of Mitral and Tricuspid Regurgitation in OxValve cohort- a large prospective Echocardiographic population screen study”.
2019 – 2020
- Economic evaluations in children’s social care, Outcomes for Young People using secure and alternative accommodation.
- Economics of miscarriage.
- Economic analysis for the Schwartz Rounds project.
- World Allergy Organization’s project on severity of food allergy reactions, "Consensus on DEfinition of Food Allergy SEverity (DEFASE) an integrated mixed methods systematic review”.
Currently I am involved with the following projects:
2018 – Currently
- Cost effectiveness analysis of Rapid diagnosis of urinary tract infection in primary healthcare.
2020 – Currently
Tools to measure and value health change in children (TORCH)
- The SWIS Trial: An evaluation of school based social work.
My research interests include determinates of health and risky behaviours, effects of recessions on physical and mental health, and health inequalities.
Quenby S. et al, (2021), The Lancet
Arasi S. et al, (2021), World Allergy Organization Journal, 14
El-Banna A. et al, (2021), Children and Youth Services Review, 121
Arasi S. et al, (2020), World Allergy Organ J, 13