Graduate Studies Committee
Terms of Reference: (Updated January 2018)
Provides strategic direction for training for PGTs, PGRs and EMCRs and operational PG matters. Specifically:
- Develop, implement, review, and amend policies practices relating to training of students and EMCRs.
- Conduct graduate studies business including decisions in relation to the admission, progression and examination of PG students.
- Provide advice on the organisation, development and delivery of curricula for the MSc courses and on the facilities and the framework of support for PGTs.
- Provide advice on the organisation, development and delivery of the NDPCHS DPhil and on the facilities and the framework of support for PGRs.
Once a term (0th Week) with an additional meeting if needed (8th Week)
- Departmental Training Lead: Paul Aveyard (Chair)
- Director of Graduate Studies: Anthony Harnden
- Deputy Director of Graduate Studies: Susan Jebb
- Head of Department: Richard Hobbs
- Head of Administration: Nicola Small
- Head of Programmes: Judy Irving
- Director of Programmes in EBHC: Carl Heneghan
- Director of MSc EBHC: Annette Plüddemann
- Director of MSc EBHC Systematic Reviews: Kamal Mahatani
- Director of MSc EBHC Statistics: Richard Stevens
- HERG Representative: Charlotte Albury
- Clinical Training Lead: Oliver van Hecke
- Non-clinical Training Lead: Kath Tucker
- Lead for Research Teams: Richard McManus
- Research Teams Representative: Trish Greenhalgh
- Head of Communications: Dan Richards-Doran
- Student Representative: Mona Koshkouei
- Graduate Studies Officer: Daniel Long (Secretary)