Committees, Working Groups & Open Meetings
Committees & Working Groups
The department has several committees and working groups, which contribute to decision-making in the department:
Senior Management Committee
Information Governance Committee
Finance, Resources and General Purpose Committee
Graduate Studies Committee
Athena SWAN SAT, Equality & Diversity and Better Workplace Groups
Equality and Diversity and Better Workplace Groups
The Department's Equality and Diversity and Better Workplace Groups supports the broad aims of a ‘better workplace’ but may not be strictly limited to the remit of the Athena SWAN Charter. The Department takes a ‘bottom up’ approach to these groups, allowing and encouraging colleagues to identify areas of need and create and run working groups to tackle those areas as needed.
The working groups:
- Meet on a cycle determined by their membership.
- Report membership and achievements via the Department newsletter.
- Report annually to the SAT on progress, successes and challenges.
- Liaise informally with the Head of Administration, the Athena SWAN Lead and Deputy Leads and the Engagement and Projects Manager as appropriate, for advice on how best to share those successes or overcome any challenges faced.
To join a group, contact the working group lead.
Open meetings provide an opportunity to share and talk about research, highlights the work of our Better Workplace Groups and facilitates termly Q&As with senior members of the department.
Held twice-per-term, there are two different types of meeting:
- Research and Better Workplace Group: includes talks from three research teams and one Better Workplace Group
- Panel Q&A with leadership talk: Questions will be collected in advance of these meetings. Leadership talks will cover a range of topics from 'creating a research group' to 'working with policy makers.'