To ask for an agenda item to be added, or to observe the meeting, please contact the Chair and copy in the Committee Secretary
Terms of Reference: (last updated December 2019)
- Develop, monitor and maintain a Departmental research strategy which aims to promote excellence in primary care research.
- Develop and implement plans to maximise cross-group working, through scientific collaborations and efficient use of shared resources.
- Develop and oversee an ongoing strategy to communicate our research strategy and the impacts of our research both internally and to external stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a strategy for income generation to support the departmental infrastructure and facilities for research.
Work with the education and training committee to develop, monitor and maintain a staffing strategy and staff development programme aligned to Departmental interests
Twice a term (0th and 8th Week)
Membership: (last updated September 2022)
Chair: Richard McManus, Deputy Chair: Gail Hayward
- Health behaviours: Paul Aveyard (Deputy: Susan Jebb)
- Infections and acute care: Chris Butler
- Cardiovascular and metabolic: Richard Hobbs, Richard McManus (Chair), Andrew Farmer
- Patient experience: Sue Ziebland (Deputies: Catherine Pope and James Sheppard)
- EBM and Research Methods: Rafael Perera, Carl Heneghan (Deputy: Kamal Mahtani)
- Trials: Chris Butler (Deputy: Ly-Mee Yu)
- Big Data (ie CPRD): Ben Goldacre (Deputy: Simon de Lusignan)
- Cancer: Brian Nicholson (Deputy: Clare Bankhead)
- Digital Health: John Powell (Deputy: Sara Shaw)
- Health Policy: Raphael Wittenberg (Deputy: Stavros Petrou)
- Impact: Julia Hippisley-Cox (Deputy: Trish Greenhalgh)
- Training: Paul Aveyard (Deputy Kath Tucker)
- Information Governance Committee Chair: Ly-Mee Yu
- Communications: Jo Gearing
- EMCRs: Rebecca Barnes (Deputy Lauren Bandy)
- DPhils: Laura Heath
- Head of Administration & Finance: Nicola Small
- Patient and public involvement - Polly Kerr
- Secretary: Lucy Curtin