Return to on-site working
Page updated 28.01.2022
- February 2022 will be a month of gentle preparation with a view to returning to a pattern of regular office working in March.
- There is an expectation that in Hilary Term everyone will spend some time in the office with colleagues.
- Hilary Term will be an experimental period for everyone to test, and adapt, new ways of working.
- No flexible working requests for hybrid working will be formalised before Easter while we are still experimenting.
Action for managers/supervisors
- Discuss RTOSW with your team so that all team members hear the same message
- Offer one to one conversations with any member of staff/students who would like it
- Be prepared to experiment with hybrid arrangements to maximise benefit for the individual and the team
- Follow this University guidance for managers
- Point staff to this Guidance for staff
- All returning individuals must have an induction from Jessy BEFORE their agreed return date. (book an induction by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The New Ways of Working Framework may prove helpful for thinking through scenarios
Action for everyone
- Read this Guidance for staff (also largely applies to our DPhil students)
- Think about practicalities – what equipment has been taken home that would need returning to the office?
- Remember that when you return to the office any desktops may take time to update and you may need to rearrange your desk set-up
- The IT team will need time to support any IT issues on return – please bear this in mind and do not expect instant availability. The IT team will need to work on a ticket basis.
- If you haven’t had one, book your induction by emailing email@example.com in plenty of time before your agreed return date.