making travel bookings
The University's preferred supplier for travel bookings is Key Travel. Payment is made by the University, via invoice.
HOW DO I book?
1. Contact Key Travel directly to request a quote:
Tel: 0161 819 9763
Once a quote has been obtained and you wish to make a booking please forward your quote details, including quote number, to email@example.com to obtain a purchase order to secure the booking. Alternatively, if you or a member of your team have access to Oracle iProcurement, you should create a requisition on R12 for finance approval.
2. Book via the online booking portal:
Bookings can be held for a period of days when reserved via the booking portal. A purchase order is still required in all cases; please submit a requisition via Oracle iProcurement.if you have R12 access or forward your booking details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read Key Travel Online FAQ's
UNIVERSITY TRAVEL INSURANCE
The University provides travel insurance for University employees, students and volunteers travelling within the UK or worldwide on University business. Cover is not automatic – you have to arrange insurance each time you travel. Further information on insurance, including eligibility for University insurance, is available here.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Visit this page (Single Sign On (SSO) required) to submit your travel insurance application. Once submitted, your application will be automatically routed to the department for authorisation.
Even if you do not wish to apply for University travel insurance, the system can be used to register travel details so that in the event of any crisis the University can provide support.
HINTS AND TIPS
- You will land on a ‘get started’ page: for ‘trip title’, write the purpose of the trip (conference, fieldwork, visit to archives, etc). Complete the other fields on this page, and hit ‘create’.
- You will be faced with a series of tabs. Please work your way through the self-explanatory fields on these tabs.
- Under the ‘Trip’ tab, there is a field entitled ‘How is trip funded’. Please provide the cost centre or project code here.
- Also under the ‘trip’ tab, you will be asked about a risk assessment. For medium and high risk travel, please complete the departmental risk assessment form.
Training on the system is not mandatory but is encouraged. Please visit this link to access online training (SSO required – click ‘CoSy’, ‘Course search’ and search ‘Travel insurance’).
CONTACTS IN PRIMARY CARE
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.