The Recruiting Panel Guidance is a comprehensive guide for conducting interviews and detailing the responsibilities of the Chair of the Interview panel. The guide should be read by all members of an interview panel.
Things you need to do ...
- Ensure you have booked a room, if conducting in person interviews, and any additional space if conducting a test. For tests where a PC will be required ensure that you have arranged in advance with IT the use of a laptop. (IT will ensure that a blank laptop is available for use for interviews with no access to the network drives)
- For on-site interviews, on the day ensure that the room is prepared ahead of the interviews and that water and glasses for the panel and candidates is available
- Agree your questions with the panel before the interview and agree who will ask which questions
- Arrange reimbursement of travel expenses for candidates, if applicable
- Submit any orders for catering required on the day if your interviews will be on site
- Ensure that you have someone available to administer tests or exercises, this may be on site or remote
Things HR will do ...
- Send out the Interview invitations following submission of your completed Interview Arrangement Form
- Assist with administering remote tests where they will be sent to all candidates at the same time. Where tests are required to be sent at a specific duration ahead of the interview this will need to be facilitated within your group.