Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

Yes. If a member of staff requests annual leave whilst covered by a fit note and you approve their request, you are required to inform your HR, who in turn will inform Payroll of the exact period the member of staff is to receive holiday pay. 
Please get in touch with the HR team at 

Your entitlement to sick pay depends on length of service with the University. For full details, please see section 4 of the Staff Handbook:  
You or someone acting on your behalf must notify the relevant person in your department by telephone as soon as possible (normally by 09:00am) on your first day of absence. You will need to give the reason for your absence and the date you expect to return to work and/or agree when you will next be in contact with your department with further information.  
When you return to work, you will need to complete a self-certification form on TeamSeer 

If your absence lasts for eight consecutive days or more (including weekends), however, you will need to submit a doctor’s certificate covering the total period of your absence. Throughout your absence, you must keep your manager informed about your progress and your date of return. 

For full details, see the university’s Sickness Reporting Procedure.