Better Workplace Culture Talks
Talks hosted by the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences to explore how we can create Better Workplace Culture. Recordings from this series of talks and talks recorded as part of Wellbeing fortnight can be found here.
End Everyday Racism - November 2021
In this webinar Catherine Pope speaks to Ella McPherson, Hande Güzel and Mónica G. Moreno Figueroa to learn about the project End Everyday Racism. The slides from the session can be downloaded here.
End Everyday Racism is a witnessing and data justice web-based reporting tool, joining research, activism and institutional intervention. It is an independent research project developed by Dr Ella McPherson and Dr Mónica Moreno Figueroa based at the Department of Sociology, University of Cambridge.
They asked members of the University to participate by anonymously sharing their experiences of everyday racism. Between Oct 2018 and Oct 2020 117 incidences of racism were reported. Clear from the outset that this research project is not a formal reporting procedure but that it generates data that grassroot organisations in the university want to give to make a collective case against racism in the University.
Further information including an earlier presentation of their research can be found here: https://racismatcambridge.org/report-launch/
Resources shared onscreen during the presentation:
- Disability terminology, from the University’s Disabled Students’ Campaign
- The social model of disability, from disability equality charity, Scope
- Brief summary of the history of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and what has happened since, from the BBC
- Ouch, the disability podcast (also on Spotify)
- Disability Rights UK (for current campaigns/issues in the UK)