Training courses to undertake during your probation period
The training courses listed below should be undertaken during the probation period/first year in post.
These courses (along with many others) are provided by the Oxford Learning Institute.
For all staff
All staff should undertake the following courses:
- Induction to the department (20 minutes)
- Induction for new staff: online course (takes 2-3 hours)
- Equality and diversity: online course (takes about 60 minutes)
- Unconscious bias online course (takes 15 minutes)
- Information Security Awareness Module: online course, mandatory
Research and teaching staff
Research and Teaching staff should also attend the following session:
Introduction to Academic Practice at Oxford
Held once a year, usually in the last week of September. Emails are sent out to relevant employees over the summer.
Patient and Public Involvement Induction Sessions
Meet our Patient and Public Involvement Coordinator and find out about how you can incorporate PPI into your research.
Line managers and supervisors
In addition to the above, anyone who has line management/supervisory responsibilities should undertake the following as a minimum:
- Managing People – Key Processes: online course (takes about 3 hours)
- Personal Development Review: online course (takes 45-60 minutes)
- Challenging Behaviour: Dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace (takes about 80 minutes)
- Recruitment and selection: online course (takes about an hour)
Senior managers/research group leads
In addition, the following is recommended for Senior managers/ research group leads: