Training courses to undertake during your probation period
This selection of training courses should be undertaken during the probation period/first year in post.
For all staff
All staff should undertake the following courses:
- Induction to the department (20 minutes)
- Induction for new staff: online course (takes 2-3 hours)
- Equality and diversity briefing: online course (takes about 60 minutes)
- Implicit bias in the workplace: online course (takes 15 minutes)
- Information Security Awareness Module: online course, mandatory
Research and teaching staff
- Academic good practice - a practical guide
Research Integrity online training course
Covering good practice in publishing, authorship and peer review.
Line managers and supervisors
In addition to the above, anyone who has line management/supervisory responsibilities should undertake the following as a minimum: