The building, which re-opened in March 2016 as the new home of the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, was formerly the Radcliffe Infirmary’s outpatient’s building and was constructed originally in the early part of the 20th Century.
Now a Grade II listed monument, it was purchased in 2007 by the University of Oxford and incorporated into plans to regenerate the old hospital site – now known as the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter.
Other ROQ buildings were also recognised at this year’s awards. St Luke’s Chapel, opposite the RPC building, also picked up a certificate in the building conservation category, and the Blavatnik School of Government won a plaque in the new building category.
The Oxford Preservation Trust awards celebrate new building and refurbishment projects across the city. Set up in 1927, the OPT remains true to its roots as the Awards celebrate 'Keeping the best of the old and encouraging the best of the new’.
Find out more about the Oxford Preservation Trust Awards.