How to apply: The Moher Prize for Undergraduate General Practice
Students must comply with all the following:
- Have completed their Year 5 GP attachment
- Demonstrated satisfactory performance in all the required assessments of the GP attachment (OSCE, MCQ and GP Tutor’s Report) at first sitting
Possible projects include:
- A reflective piece
- An audit (or similar quality improvement project)
- A personal proposal of how to change some aspect primary care
This list is not exhaustive, and a wide range of other topics will be considered.
Projects should be brief, and a range of formats can be used (and innovation is encouraged) as follows:
- Video clip (maximum length 5 minutes) or
- Audio, such as podcast (maximum length 5 minutes) or
- A written report (maximum length 1,500 words)
Judges will be looking for brevity, so there is no need for projects to use the maximum lengths given above.
Submission of Projects
- Students can submit their project at any time during the year. The closing date for submissions is 2 weeks after the last Year 5 Exam Board of the year (which usually takes place at the end of June each year).
- Projects should be submitted (usually by email) to the GP course administrator, Emma Wiley.