Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

What is the University's VAT number?

The University's VAT registration number is GB 125 5067 30.

How do we make PPI payments?

The Department has full guidance on making PPI payments. You can find the Department's PPI payment policy and process document there, and also links to the different forms you need to make payment for time and reimbursing expenses.

I've submitted an expense claim - how quickly will I receive reimbursement?

Please allow three weeks from claim submission for the payment to be received. No claim should take longer than four weeks.

I need to appoint a transcriber. What is required?

Transcribers must be issued with a services contract before work commences. This contract will be renewed annually as required. In addition, all data transfers must be authorised in advance by the Information & Governance Manager.

How do I view and print my purchase orders?

Please follow these instructions if you have Purchase Order Enquiry access on Oracle and would like to view and print your purchase orders. Please email if you would like to request this functionality.

How do I arrange travel and accommodation?

Please see this page for more information.

Key Travel are the Universitys sole preferred supplier for travel and accommodation bookings. They provide many advantages such as cost, convenience, safety and sustainability. Please see the travel page for more information.

How do I apply for and obtain freepost licenses?

To obtain a business reply freepost license complete the online application via the link below:

During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information:

-          Account number: 0254525000

-          Type of organisation you are applying for credit on behalf of: Government Sector

-          Registered company name: University of Oxford

-          Payment method: BACS

-          Company registration number: leave blank

-          Estimated monthly cost: calculate using your estimated monthly mailing numbers and the Royal Mail rate card (accessible via link above)

-          Contact details: Your name, telephone number and email address, Primary Care ROQ site address

-          Billing/finance contact details:, Primary Care ROQ site address

 Please inform when new licenses are set up, along with your reference number and budget code so charges can be correctly allocated.

How should invoices to the Department be addressed?

Please provide suppliers with the following invoice address details:

Accounts payable,
Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences,
University of Oxford,
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter,
Woodstock Road,
Oxford OX2 6GG

Invoices can be emailed directly to

I need the Department to raise an invoice. How do I do this?

When the Department needs to raise an invoice, to external or internal (other University Departments) customers please email with the following information:

-         Their company name, billing address and an email contact

-         PO number (if supplied)

-         Full details of service provided, including copies of agreements/emails where available, and price agreed

-         Cost centre where the income is to be credited

If the invoice request relates to research please direct your query to

Does the Department have a credit card, can I use it?

The Department does have a credit card. It can only be used when existing payment options are not available, i.e., invoice or payment request form. If you wish to use the card please email with details of the supplier, full cost, what is being purchased and the budget code.

You will receive an authorisation email, usually within 1 working day. A mutually convenient time will then be arranged for a member of the finance team to visit your desk, or give you a teams call to input the card details. Please ensure you've completed the initial steps of the online purchase, Finance cannot complete this on your behalf.

The email confirmation/invoice must be forwarded to on receipt.

How do I price non-research work, such as consultancy?

Employees undertaking consultancy and other work not classified as research through the Department should contact the Head of Finance for pricing advice. If you are unsure whether or not the proposed work constitutes research, please discuss this with the Head of Finance before submitting your proposal.

The Department expects to recover full economic costs on any such activity. Any surplus received above recovery of full economic costs will be split 50/50 between the relevant research group and the Department.

How do I appoint an individual to provide consultancy or other services ?

Please follow this link

Can I take my laptop when I leave?

Not usually, for a number of reasons:

  • All assets bought using University funds (including grants from external funders) remain the property of the University;
  • The laptops are loaded with software under University licences;
  • There may be University data stored, or cached, on the laptop; and
  • Even if a laptop is old the University cannot give away an asset, except under specific circumstances.  Occasionally we can sell a used laptop to an individual if we can establish an appropriate market value through Ebay for example (an HMRC rule).

Staff or students wishing to explore this further should talk to the Head of Finance.

How do I order gift vouchers?

  • Gift Vouchers (physical or eCodes) can be ordered by Finance from Amazon, One4All & Love2Shop (which includes many single stores including Tesco, Sainsburys, M&S, Asda, John Lewis and more). Please note with One4All it is NOT possible to buy something online worth more than the value of the card, but it can be used in store and the balance paid via cash or card.
  • Other one-off vouchers can be ordered using the Dept. credit card in exceptional circumstances only, e.g. National Book Tokens.

 What We Need To Know

  • Type of Voucher (Physical or eCode to be emailed to recipient)
  • Where from (Amazon /Love2Shop / One4All)
  • Quantity
  • Value
  • Where to charge the costs to (Project code & Task number or General Ledger (GL) code)

What You Need to Know

  • Vouchers are ordered on a weekly basis
  • Vouchers are only released when the PO has been raised and the invoice has been paid. There is only one payment run per week (Fridays). Therefore, it can take 2-3 weeks from time of order to release of vouchers.
  • Gift Vouchers have a finite life. (e.g. Amazon is 10 years, Love2Shop 5 years, One4All 2 years)


On this page