What is the University's VAT number?
The University's VAT registration number is GB 125 5067 30.
what is value for money?
The University defines value for money as "the optimum balance between cost, quality, risk and environmental sustainability"
how do i pay an individual for PPI activity?
Please complete a payment request form giving details of the activity (including the dates) and send this to the finance team to action the payment. you can include small incidental costs as part of this payment, such as to cover travel expenses. If you just want to reimburse someone for such expenses then the expenses process should be followed instead.
Ive submitted an expense claim - when will i be reimbursed?
Once your expense claim has been completely approved, you will receive the monies into your bank account on the Wednesday after next. Each approval stage is separate and carried out by a different person (some internal and some external) with potentially varying work patterns. Please therefore allow at least three weeks from claim submission for the payment to be received. No claim should take longer than four weeks.
I need to appoint a transcriber. What is required?
Transcribers must be issued with a services contract before work commences. This contract will be renewed annually as required. In addition, all data transfers must be authorised in advance by the Information & Governance Manager.
How do I view and print my purchase orders?
Please follow these instructions if you have Purchase Order Enquiry access on Oracle and would like to view and print your purchase orders. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request this functionality.
how do i arrange travel and accommodation?
Please see this page for more information.
why do we use Key Travel for booking accommodation and travel?
Key Travel are the Universitys ONLY preferred supplier for travel and accommodation bookings. They provide many advantages such as cost, convenience, safety and sustainability. Please see the travel page for more information.
How do I apply for and obtain freepost licenses?
To obtain a business reply freepost license complete the online application via the link below:
During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Account number: 0254525000
- Type of organisation you are applying for credit on behalf of: Government Sector
- Registered company name: University of Oxford
- Payment method: BACS
- Company registration number: leave blank
- Estimated monthly cost: calculate using your estimated monthly mailing numbers and the Royal Mail rate card (accessible via link above)
- Contact details: Your name, telephone number and email address, Primary Care ROQ site address
- Billing/finance contact details: email@example.com, Primary Care ROQ site address
How should invoices to the Department be addressed?
Please provide suppliers with the following invoice address details:
Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences,
University of Oxford,
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter,
Oxford OX2 6GG
Invoices can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need the Department to raise an invoice. How do I do this?
When the Department needs to raise an invoice, to external or internal (other University Departments) customers please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Their company name, billing address and an email contact
- PO number (if supplied)
- Full details of service provided, including copies of agreements/emails where available, and price agreed
- Cost centre where the income is to be credited
If the invoice request relates to research please direct your query to Post-Award@phc.ox.ac.uk.
Does the Department have a credit card, can I use it?
The Department does have a credit card. It can only be used when existing payment options are not available, i.e., invoice or payment request form. If you wish to use the card please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the supplier, full cost, what is being purchased and the budget code.
You will receive an authorisation email, usually within 1 working day. A mutually convenient time will then be arranged for a member of the finance team to visit your desk and input the card details. Please ensure you've completed the initial steps of the online purchase, Finance cannot complete this on your behalf.
The email confirmation/invoice must be forwarded to email@example.com on receipt.
How do I price non-research work, such as consultancy?
Employees undertaking consultancy and other work not classified as research through the Department should contact the Head of Finance for pricing advice. If you are unsure whether or not the proposed work constitutes research, please discuss this with the Head of Finance before submitting your proposal.
The Department expects to recover full economic costs on any such activity. Any surplus received above recovery of full economic costs will be split 50/50 between the relevant research group and the Department.
How do i appoint an individual to provide consultancy or other services ?
Please follow this link
Can I take my laptop when I leave?
Not usually, for a number of reasons:
- all assets bought using University funds (including grants from external funders) remain the property of the University;
- the laptops are loaded with software under University licences;
- there may be University data stored, or cached, on the laptop; and
- even if a laptop is old the University cannot give away an asset, except under specific circumstances. Occasionally we can sell a used laptop to an individual if we can establish an appropriate market value through Ebay for example (an HMRC rule).
Staff or students wishing to explore this further should talk to the Head of Finance.