What is the University's VAT number?
The University's VAT registration number is GB 125 5067 30.
I need to appoint a transcriber. What is required?
Transcribers must be issued with a services contract before work commences. This contract will be renewed annually as required. In addition, all data transfers must be authorised in advance by the Information & Governance Manager.
How do I view and print my purchase orders?
Please follow these instructions if you have Purchase Order Enquiry access on Oracle and would like to view and print your purchase orders. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request this functionality.
How do I apply for and obtain freepost licenses?
To obtain a business reply freepost license complete the online application via the link below:
During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Account number: 0254525000
- Type of organisation you are applying for credit on behalf of: Government Sector
- Registered company name: University of Oxford
- Payment method: BACS
- Company registration number: leave blank
- Estimated monthly cost: calculate using your estimated monthly mailing numbers and the Royal Mail rate card (accessible via link above)
- Contact details: Your name, telephone number and email address, Primary Care ROQ site address
- Billing/finance contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, Primary Care ROQ site address
How should invoices to the Department be addressed?
Please provide suppliers with the following invoice address details:
Finance, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
University of Oxford
ROQ, Woodstock Road
Oxford, OX2 6GG
Invoices can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
I need the Department to raise an invoice. How do I do this?
When the Department needs to raise an invoice, to external or internal (other University Departments) customers please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Their company name, billing address and an email contact
- PO number (if supplied)
- Full details of service provided, including copies of agreements/emails where available, and price agreed
- Cost centre where the income is to be credited
If the invoice request relates to research please direct your query to Post-Award@phc.ox.ac.uk.
Does the Department have a credit card, can I use it?
The Department does have a credit card. It can only be used when existing payment options are not available, i.e., invoice or payment request form. If you wish to use the card please email email@example.com with details of the supplier, full cost, what is being purchased and the budget code.
You will receive an authorisation email, usually within 1 working day. A mutually convenient time will then be arranged for a member of the finance team to visit your desk and input the card details. Please ensure you've completed the initial steps of the online purchase, Finance cannot complete this on your behalf.
The email confirmation/invoice must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org on receipt.
How do I price non-research work, such as consultancy?
Employees undertaking consultancy and other work not classified as research through the department should contact the Senior Finance Manager for pricing advice. If you are unsure whether or not the proposed work constitutes research, please discuss this with the Senior Finance Manager before submitting your proposal.
The Department expects to cover full economic costs on any such activity. Any surplus income received above recovery of full economic costs will be split 50/50 between the relevant research group and the department.