There is lots of training on offer to support you with your PPI and we aim to keep this page updated as things are advertised. As well as ‘live’ sessions, there are also lots of recordings of past events that you may find helpful. Please see the separate Resources page for links to guidance and toolkits.
UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS
We run regular online ‘Intro to PPI’ training sessions in collaboration with NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre. These are aimed at researchers and staff who are responsible for PPI activities and want to know how to get started, and where to find reliable guidance and resources.
Next dates for training are:
Tuesday 23rd May, 12.30-2pm
Monday 10th July, 1-2.30pm
Thursday 21st September, 10-11.30am
Tuesday 14th November, 12-1.30pm
You can book for any session here .
NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre are also running online training events which all researchers are welcome to attend. You can find more information and booking details here.
- The role of the PPI lead – Jo Welsman and Heather Boult, NIHR RDS South West
- Role and support of public co-applicants – Dr Jo Lally, NIHR RDS North East North Cumbria
- Public co-applicants and PPI leads in NIHR-funded research – Dr Saumu Lwembe, NIHR CCF
NIHR three Schools webinar series:
- Why and how to involve people living with dementia and learning disabilities in research
- Engaging and working with young people
You can find more recordings of training on the main NIHR SPCR website here.