Graduate research projects 2023 entry
Please note that these are simply potential project ideas - no specific funding is attached unless otherwise stated in the project description. For information on funding and scholarships please see here.
Applicants are also welcome to submit their own project ideas.
Those wishing to apply for one the below projects will still need to present their own research proposal at interview. Your proposal should expand on the basic outline published below and should demonstrate: your knowledge and skills in the area; your ideas of how to approach the topic; any areas of your specific interest within the broader area specified and how you see the project developing during the course of your DPhil.
Please check our course pages here for entry requirements and details on how to apply.
How to contact us:
If you have any questions about the process, please contact our Graduate Studies Officer, Daniel Long (firstname.lastname@example.org); for questions about the projects, please contact supervisors directly.
> You can also send us a question or express your interest in applying here
- Mitigating the risks associated with gestational diabetes for progression to type 2 diabetes
- Testing the equity impact of ‘nudging’ interventions to encourage healthier food purchasing
- Testing the impact of interventions to encourage consumption of lower-alcohol or lower-calorie alcoholic drinks
- Obesity and cancer: improving cancer outcomes through intentional weight loss
- Exploring the Long-Term Outcomes following a Pregnancy affected by gestational diabetes mellitus (ELOPE-GDM)
- Let’s talk about weight: Pregnancy
- Managing penicillin allergy in primary care: an important but neglected aspect of antibiotic stewardship
- Develop a behavioural weight loss intervention to achieve diabetes remission
- Discrete choice experiment (DCE) to understand variation in uptake of respiratory disease vaccination
- Reducing behavioural risk factors for non-communicable disease in people with serious mental illness
- MRC ENTERPRISE STUDENTSHIP PROGRAMME 2023 - GPs labour trajectories and patients' health outcomes in general practices
- Improving asthma management in primary care
- Social Prescribing