Graduate research projects 2021 entry
Please note that these are simply potential project ideas - no specific funding is attached unless otherwise stated in the project description. For information on funding and scholarships please see here. Applicants are also welcome to submit their own project ideas.
Those wishing to apply for one the below projects will still need to submit their own research proposal. Your proposal should expand on the basic outline published below and should demonstrate: your knowledge and skills in the area; your ideas of how to approach the topic; any areas of your specific interest within the broader area specified and how you see the project developing during the course of your DPhil.
Producing your own, more detailed, research proposal gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your strengths more extensively than on a CV or application form and is a good way for you to make a strong impression on the selection panel.
Please check our course pages here for entry requirements and details on how to apply.
How to contact us:
If you have any questions about the process, please contact our Postgraduate Training Officer, Daniel Long (email@example.com); for questions about the projects, please contact supervisors directly.
Other project ideas
- Improving smoking cessation training for undergraduates in UK medical schools
- Developing and testing peer-led interventions to promote switching from smoking to vaping
- Interventions to encourage healthier food purchasing
- Interventions for healthier and sustainable diets
- The effect of dietary interventions in treating essential hypertension in primary care
- Exploring the impact of public health messaging on lifestyle behaviours during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Supporting smoking cessation in people living with serious mental illness
- Feasibility of “fitness age” as a motivator for positive physical activity behaviour and improved health outcomes in UK primary care
- Progressing the role and evidence-base for ‘Exercise as Medicine’ in UK primary care settings
- Benefits and harms of statins in the UK population: doses versus effects
- Evaluating temporal patterns in diagnostic meta-analysis
- Insomnia in menopause
- A framework for developing and implementing early phase economic modelling for diagnostic interventions
- Using Big Data to understand the Health Impacts of Climate Change