The programme is run by Associate Professor Kamal Mahtani from the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences.
Sessions will be delivered by a mix of senior research staff and external speakers chosen for their experience and expertise.
I am an Oxfordshire GP and have been involved in clinical academic primary care for over 10 years. I am currently the Deputy Director of the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine.
I am a principal investigator with interests that focuses broadly on:
- Assesment of novel technologies to improve patient-centred chronic disease management
- Increasing the evidence base to support the redesign of future primary care (including the role for social prescribing in the community)
- Improving the understanding and use of evidence, particularly systematic reviews, in knowledge translation
I work collaboratively with other researchers at a local, national and international level.
I am a member of the Catalogue of Bias team.
My work was recognised nationally by the 2016 RCGP/SAPC Yvonne Carter Award for outstanding new researcher.
In 2019, the Royal College of General Practitioners awarded me Fellowship status of the college.
A list of my publications can be found here.
Teaching and training
I am the Director of the MSc Evidence Based Health Care (Systematic Reviews). I am also the lead tutor of the Complex Reviews MSc module, which seeks to provide training in the broader forms of evidence synthesis. I co-lead the Knowledge into Action module which explores the ways in which research evidence is used to inform clinical care and policymaking.
I am a tutor on the internationally renowned Teaching Evidence Based Medicine course.
I am also the lead tutor for EBM teaching in the Graduate Entry Medical School.
I was the Clinical Lead for the Oxford AHSN Evidence-Based Healthcare Fellowship program developing and supporting clinical leaders across the Thames Valley.
- Chair NIHR HTA Prioritisation Committee A
Clinical editor at The Cochrane Tobacco Addiction Group.
- Associate Editor BMJ Evidence Based Medicine
Fellow of Kellogg College