Welcome to the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences.
You are invited to watch the Department Induction video online by clicking here. (Please use the Subtitles/closed captions option in YouTube if you require subtitles.)
You will also find a wealth of useful information and resources on these pages about working in the department and the University.
Find answers to many common questions about HR matters and the department here
Online induction guide
You can access the online induction guide as many times as needed
University Staff Gateway
More detailed information about working for the University
All members of the Department must undertake the following training, as required by the department training policy:
- Information security and data privacy awareness course on an annual basis, which is available on Cosy
- Access the departmental IG policies and SOPs on SharePoint and take the IG Quiz on an annual basis
- Equality and Diversity Briefing on a triennial basis.
Staff who are likely to act as chairs of recruitment panels must and other members of recruitment panels should undertake the following training:
Managers and supervisors must undertake the following training:
Your First Few Weeks
You can expect:
- Your line manager to set up regular one to one meetings with you
- To be set objectives/goals to complete in your probation period
- Undertake the required training set out by the department and any role specific training as identified by your line manager
- To be encouraged to attend the Departmental coffee mornings when working on site
Your First Year
You can expect during or at the end of your first year to:
- Be confirmed in post following succesful end of your probation period
- Have a Personal Development Review scheduled with your line manager at the end of your probation period